Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

...... I started my schooling from young age, by the standard of my contemporaries in eighties. Then I was the smallest and hopefully cutest as well...I do not much know about this but I was smart. Had to walk the village trail up to 20 minutes downhill but then it was a matter of long hours....just unwilling to school or on a spree of counting steps, making wind fan out of ficus leaves or bamboo clums.....or into some Makavitie's mischiefs.......I would rush like April wind, slinging a bad full of white chalk and slate....blue half pant with buttons dropping, half sleeved shirt tugged, belted and groomed. Flipping bata No.3 small, flip-flops with improvised holder..... Parted hair almost drenched in Mustard......smelling like Keralite.....that day was very interesting and it remained in my mind like my birthday.....not much I remember about the chore...but it simply is one of the incidents that trickles my funny bones...makes me wonder and is a big blaster......My mother remembers me coming home in style that day, in a gorgeous way in its own accord, much like a boy after getting his wishful toys in the market.....when I reached my mama, she gasped and got shock of her life....she just burst into laughter and i still remember her laughing her heart away.....loudest of all times.....then joined the symphony of this particular laughter by my chhana (aunty) and deema (grandmother)...I just got stuck in this perplexed atmosphere. Now I understand that "that day I went to school wearing my aunty's BLOUSE"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment