Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

As I repose my cranky skull on the soft, tendering and all welcoming pillow and try to drawn myself into the oblivion, there was this memory flash meteoring my monkey mind. I was proud then. That day we settled for the evening affair, some glued to TV soap, some busy with kitchen department. It was but usual ordinary evening. I sneaked out to recharge my voucher, casually in a pair of flipflops. The evening din set into a monotonous song of winterly ambience. The cycada and criket almost on their zineth while the kites that nest opposite to my window were flying in. Malencholic sky with ruddy red hem and dark lining hurried for nothing. We used to rent on an apartment at level 3 of a 4 storied building. Then I was lazing on the ground that I heard rumbling deep sound almost knocking my heart. I thought it was an earthing removing machine at its best. Suddenly, I saw everything was moving and ground beneath my foot shaking. The Earthquake......I do not know how I manuvered those staircases....I do not know how that burst of unknown energy came but I only remember thinking of my 6 month old daughter and 8 years son. This I credit to my adrenalin rush, as a hunter, the basic instinct of a man as a worrier and a protector of progeny. In a jiffy, I was in a paddy with two kids slinging at my arms. Then started all the commotion and the cacophony of paniking people....the tremor was one of the strongest. I collected my bata next day only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment