Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

As I walked bare foot through the edge of the terrace, the frost biting my sole as coldly as it could have been, the rows of rippling paddy in full, sweying in the morning breeze and smelling of fresh grass, dews forming spherical beads on the spider line and oranges inviting and millow. These are but the precious crystals of my memories of my young school goong age. I went to Salami Primary School in Tsirang. The smell of oranges, paddy fields, the feeling of raindrops, the seductive morning sun and the flying of dead and dry leaves are but treasures. How we use to play football out of anything bet on anything from pencil to folios...I still remember all the boys in a row shooting urin gun at the wall below football ground in great competition while girls had to run little down for the relief. This was fun then and need as well as we did not have so called toilet. How we use to drink water from a run made up of bamboo split we called Dahal dhara. Wer could hear that dhimal's rice huller at Gurasay dara from the class...I can recite almost all the Nepali poems I learnt then...the infamouse Dzongkha letter to pha-maa I can almost say it like a prayer which I do to entertain my kids. My contemporaries were: karnay, kiran, tejman, kumar, tika, kalyan, kharay, yeshi, manju, kalpana, phulu, bhagi, khari, nari, prakash, indrajit, chandray....all settled and doing life as they are. As I look back to those days I feel I had my great moments then...it was day today affair going to school. There are exactly six footpaths those converge at the school....watching students coming and going through these points is wonderful.....especially during rainy seasons....not every one was privilidged to have umbrella. Students would come to school fully soaked in rain, some taking refuge in banana leaf, some in yam, some wraped in plastic while some took chance...we would wear just anything...flipflop, gumboot, canvas, rubber and PT shoes. Blue half/full pants and froks and white shirt was our uniform till late eighties. When gho and kira was introduced in our school as uniform it was but hard learning time for us to wear first. We learnt wearing it in rrgimernted fashion but it was worth...we did not need any bags for our books and also made plundering of orange garden far lot easier.....by the time I graduated my Primary school.


No comments:

Post a Comment